Welcome to Sruthi Music and Cultural Academy an organization for the development of music and cultural activities in and around INDIAN cities like Hyderabad , Ahmedabad and globally. This site is developed to help those music lovers who have a passion to learn the art of singing with all its nuances but hardly get time due to their busy work schedules.
SMCA was established by Mrs. CHITRA NAGRAJ in the year 1988 and registered after attaining various accomplishments in the year 2003. Reg no: A-HYD-113291 Dt.10.02.2003
SMCA provides an opportunity for music lovers to learn Carnatic music, hindustani vocal preliminaries as well as Bhajans and Shlokas in Sanskrit & different languages through the virtual class room created with the aid of the Skype portal .
- I encourage students of all ages.
- I provide opportunities for students to perform on stage.
- I conduct theory and practical exams annually under the aegis of Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Miraj, India..
- I propagate multi lingual shlokas / bhajans and lots of other innovative musical compositions as a measure for keeping Indian culture active.
- I pay individual attention to the disciple.
- All India Radio Artist and registered professional artist of Department Of Culture Govt. Of Andhra Pradesh vide reg. no: A-HYD-113291 Dt.10.02.2003
- Sruti Music and Cultural Academy registered with Registrar Of Societies vide reg. no: 1133 of 2003 Dt. 19.08.2003
- SMCA was established in the year 1988 and registered after attaining various accomplishments in the year 2003.
- SMCA affiliation to Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Maha Vidyalaya, Miraj vide registration no: SH-74 Dt.21.12.2002 renewal No.5795 Dt. 21.6.2006.
- Certificate course (Carnatic vocal) from TELUGU UNIVERSITY in Distinction : June 1996
- Diploma course (Carnatic vocal) from TELUGU UNIVERSITY with First class June 1997
- Sangeet Visharad in carnatic music from Gandharva Mahavidyalaya (Practicals completed
- Praveshika poorna (Hindustani vocal) from Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya in First class April 2002
- M.A. Political science from Osmania University, Hyderabad
- B.A. Political Science from Lady Shriram college, New -Delhi(University of Delhi)
- Hindi Pundit from Central Directorate ( Ministry of Education) New Delhi
Special Indian Membership
- Member of the Film Censor Board Govt.of India since the last 15 years
- Eighteen years experience in teaching Carnatic vocal classical / devotional music Sanskrit shlokas and bhajans from basic to advanced levels.
- Currently having student strength of 100 and training them for stage performances, practical and theory exams. Trained 1000 students so far.
- Running a music school named Sruti music and cultural academy which is affiliated to Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Miraj (a prestigious institution for Indian music.)
Concerts to my credit
- Perform regularly for A.I.R. & T.V. programs, solo and with students. 15 so far.
- Performed for Dept. of culture AP in commemoration of the 89th birth anniversary of MS.Subbulakshmi.
- Performed at the Chkradhar samaroh, Chatisgarah MP.
- Performed for Dept. of culture within and out of state to cover various festivals. 100 concerts so far
- Performed at various marriage functions with innovative ceremonial songs in Tamil and Telugu. 125 so far.
- Performed with students at Ravindra Bharati Hyderabad as a conclusion of a project on kirtanas composed in praise of the lord Narasimha Swamy
- Conducted 12 annual “Thyagaraja Aradhana” programmes along with students in the famous Skandagiri Subramanya Swamy Temple Skandagiri, Hyderabad.
- Performed for Telugu Association in Singapore
- Performed for Tamil society Wellington New Zealand.
- Performed for Telugu Association Auckland New Zealand.
- Performed for Telugu Kala Samithi, Mangalore, India
- Released devotional bhajans on CD titled: Ramanjaneya Ganamrudam
- E-Teaching with prior appointment.
Chitra Nagraj has completed a special project “Annamacharya kritis on Narsimha swamy” in association with the Department Of Culture (A.P), Government Of India, funded by the Ministry Of Culture, Govt. Of India, as a grant for the project. (Video available) duly acknowledged through a Govt. testimonial from the office of the Director & Additional Secretary, Department Of Culture Andhra Pradesh vide D.O.Lr.No.DOC/SPL/2005, dated: 04.01.2004